Would you like to help shape Baker Hughes ' strategic direction?
Do you like to develop business plans for the business unit as a whole?
Join our Baker Hughes Team!
Baker Hughes is a leader in the oilfield services industry. We offer
opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance
Partner with the best
As a Billing and Collections Manager, you will play a vital role in overseeing
the financial operations of the organization. You will be responsible for
managing and leading a team of billing and collections professionals, ensuring
accurate and timely billing, efficient collections processes, and maintaining
positive relationships with clients and customers.
Your expertise in financial management, team leadership, and problem-solving
will contribute to the overall success of the organization.
As a Billing & Collections Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Overseeing the billing process, ensuring accuracy, compliance with policies, and timely submission of invoices to clients or customers.
* Developing and maintaining billing procedures, systems, and controls to improve efficiency and accuracy.
* Providing guidance, mentorship, and direction to a team of billing and collections professionals.
* Coordinating with other departments, such as sales and operations, to gather necessary information for invoicing purposes. Resolving billing discrepancies and handle escalated billing inquiries or issues.
* Setting performance expectations, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide feedback to team members. Fostering a positive and collaborative work environment that encourages teamwork and professional growth.
* Establishing collections strategies and policies to maximize collections efficiency and minimize outstanding balances.
* Monitoring aging accounts receivable and proactively address delinquent accounts through various collection techniques.
* Collaborating with customers, sales teams, and other stakeholders to resolve payment disputes and negotiate payment arrangements.
* Maintaining accurate records of collection activities, communicate collection status to management, and providing regular reports.
* Analyzing billing and collections data, identifying trends, and generating reports to assess the financial health of the organization.
* Preparing and presenting financial reports, including aging reports, collection of performance metrics, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to management.
* Collaborating with finance and accounting teams to reconcile billing and collections records and ensure accurate financial reporting.
* Evaluating billing and collections processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement streamlined procedures.
* Leveraging automation tools or software systems to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and scalability of billing and collections processes.
* Staying updated on industry best practices, technological advancements, and regulatory changes to optimize operations.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
* Have completed Bachelor studies from an accredited university or college
* Have at least 5 years of experience in a Billing & Collections/Finance role with 3 years in a supervisory role within Finance/Billing & Collections
* Demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence team, customers and others
* Possess knowledge of billing and collections processes, financial analysis, and accounting principles.
* Be proficient in using billing software, accounting systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want
to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role,
we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
* Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are
better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their
whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our
workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring
out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep
going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We
prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how
much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
* Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
* Comprehensive private medical care options
* Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
* Tailored financial programs
* Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and
industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and
conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and
services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more
efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that
values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people
who will challenge and inspire you! Let 's come together and take energy
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.