About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design,
development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of
enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and
investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more
than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of
over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most
importantly, people's lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - We welcome applications from all
sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation,
creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to
ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and
employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or
personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-
economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual
orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a
disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance,
please email our team at [email protected]
Safeguarding* - We define Safeguarding as "the preventative action taken
by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with
from harm". We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come
into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process
including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium was awarded the USAID/Trade Reform and Development in Egypt (TRADE)
Activity contract, which has a 5-year timeframe and a ceiling of $36.3
million. The Project will be active throughout Egypt. The goal of the TRADE
Activity is to increase Egypt 's international trade by increasing exports
from SMEs, and in particular New and Expanding Export-Ready Enterprises
(NEEREs). This will be achieved by addressing the constraints that impede the
competitiveness of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
The IT Specialist will be responsible for the procurement of equipment and
software for project partners including computers and tablets as well as
custom database software. They will also assist project staff with their day-
to-day use of IT equipment ad software liaising with the corporate IT
department to ensure consistent project implementation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:*
Work with project partners to determine technical specifications for equipment
* Develop scopes of work for IT procurements including equipment (i.e. tablets, phones) and software.
* Review proposals from vendors ensuring quality and reasonableness as well as compliance with USAID regulations.
* Support project partners in the installation of new equipment and software.
* Prepare the project overall IT budget plans and update it regularly
* Support the preparation of TRADE 's Annual Procurement Plan
* Write scopes of work for IT staff and IT consultants
* Plan IT activities across project Results
* Train staff on the use of new equipment and software.
Maintain project IT equipment including computers, phones, server, cameras,
Support project staff in troubleshooting IT issues, resolving software and
* Maintain the office network, monitoring connections and access points, solving connectivity issues, ensuring network security.
* Perform periodic evaluations of the hardware, software and network to make recommendations and proposals to improve the performance of the network and equipment.
* Ensure regular software updates are installed on project equipment.
* Configuration of all equipment following the policies already established by Palladium on behalf of the IT team from Washington, DC, and Dubai.
* Develop support materials for users on the correct use of project equipment.
* Other tasks as assigned.
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, USAID or other international experiance preferred,.
* Bachelor 's degree in computer science and telecommunications, or related disciplines preferred.
* Windows Deployment Services (WDS) imaging system experience.
* Experience in technical support and network maintenance.
* Experience procuring IT equipment and software, preferably for USAID projects.
* Knowledge of USAID regulations.
* Ability to train project staff and partners on the proper use of hardware and software.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to support project staff and partners.
* Proficient in English (reading, writing, speaking) and fluent in Arabic.