About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design,
development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of
enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and
investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more
than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of
over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most
importantly, people's lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - We welcome applications from all
sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation,
creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to
ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and
employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or
personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-
economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual
orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a
disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance,
please email our team at [email protected]
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as "the preventative action taken
by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with
from harm". We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come
into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process
including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence
Project Overview and Role:
Trade Reform and Development in Egypt (TRADE) is a USAID-funded project to
increase Egypt's international trade by increasing exports from small and
medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Activity's "selected sectors." The
TRADE Activity will focus on specific sectors which are Engineering Products,
Food Processing, Home textiles; Ready Made Garments, Chemicals, and Building
The TRADE Activity will achieve the following three results to reach the
Enhanced Export Capacity of SMEs, in particular, New and Expanding Export-
Ready Enterprises (NEEREs)[i] in the Selected Sectors.
* Strengthened Public and Private Trade-Support Institutions - TSIs (e.g., Trade Associations, Export Councils, etc.); and
* Improved Trade and Investment Policy, Regulatory and Institutional Environment
Based on the above, the TRADE project requires the services of a technical
consultant to support in introducing the project to different stakeholders
such as NEEREs and partner institutions in the sectors of focus. Also, to
speed up the process of building the pipeline of NEEREs by supporting them in
completing the export readiness questionnaire, emphasizing the following
geographical locations; Alexandria and Lower Egypt, Minya, and Upper Egypt,
and Port Said and Suez Canal.
Period of Performance -* September 15th - November 15th, 2021, Final report
to be delivered by November 20th, 2021, at the latest.
Level of Effort - 40 person-days (covering the cities and regions of
Alexandria and Lower Egypt, Port Said and Suez Canal, and Minya and Upper
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:*
Under the overall guidance of the TRADE project, the consultant' scope of work
shall cover the following:
Organize/Hold information sessions in each region (Alexandria and Lower Egypt,
Minya, and Upper Egypt, and PortSaid and Suez Canal) to orient the NEEREs and
business/investment associations about the project objectives and target
* Support NEEREs in the six sectors of focus in each of the abovementioned regions to fill out the export readiness questionnaires either during or after the information sessions
* Organize meetings to build connections and establish networks with different Business/Trade/Investors Associations and organizations that would support TRADE activities and gauge their ability to perform as part of TRADE's TSIs network
* Two information sessions (i.e., mini-events) per governorate (i.e., in Alexandria, Minya, and PortSaid), i.e. six mini-events held to support NEEREs filling out the export readiness questionnaires.
* Minimum of 100 fully filled out export readiness questionnaires to be submitted.by hand and also electronically (i.e., scanned copies of the ERQs)
* A list of relevant interviewed TSIs in the three regions, including a detailed profile of each TSI willing to cooperate with TRADE.
Expected Outcomes - A pipeline of NEEREs in the six sectors of focus
located in Alexandria and Lower Egypt, Minya, and Upper Egypt, and Port Said
and Suez Canal, is developed that will allow TRADE to reach NEEREs outside of
* B.A. or B.Sc. in related business development field with 10+ years of related experience
* Prior experience in the SMEs sector of Egypt and robust understanding of the Egyptian economy and the role SMEs play in Egypt.
* Demonstrate capabilities in dealing with the Egyptian exporting and industrial sectors.
* Experience brokering partnerships with the private sector and establish broad connections with commercial associations/organizations
* Prior experience in development projects is preferred.
* Experience working in underserved areas throughout Egypt is preferred.
* Ability to work collaboratively with staff and partners in a cross-cultural environment.
* Proficiency in both oral and written communication in both English and Arabic