Swissotel Sharm El Sheikh All-Inclusive Collection resort offers an
unforgettable vacation for its guests with a sense of luxury service nested
with nature, with a wide range of accommodation types, from rooms, and suites
featuring contemporary designs, including a unique side for adults.
All this in the peaceful surroundings of beautiful gardens, swimming pools,
magnificent landscapes, and a wide variety of a la carte restaurants, and
particular spa services. Esteemed guests are welcome to relax and unwind in a
quiet and elegant setting in the resort and enjoy a genuine experience of
leisure, pleasure, and successful meetings.
Join our motivated and vibrant Team and build your career with us.
As a Security Manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent emergency
response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and
knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety as well as ensuring the safety
and security of guests, employees, and the property of the hotel. This role
involves developing, implementing, and maintaining security protocols,
managing security team, and collaborating with various departments to create a
secure environment for all stakeholders.
Security Planning and Implementation
* Develop, implement, and regularly update comprehensive security procedures and protocols to safeguard guests, employees, and property.
* Conduct risk assessments to identify potential security susceptibilities and recommend necessary improvements.
* Oversee the installation and maintenance of security systems, including CCTV cameras, alarms, access control systems, and emergency communication systems.
* Recruit, hire, train, and supervise security personnel, ensuring they are well prepared to handle security situations effectively.
* Schedule security staff to ensure proper coverage at all times, including shifts, special events, and emergencies.
* Conduct performance evaluations and provide ongoing training and development opportunities to security team members.
* Develop and communicate emergency response plans to address various scenarios, such as fire, natural disasters, medical emergencies, and security breaches.
* Coordinate with local law enforcement, fire departments, and emergency services to ensure a swift and efficient response in case of emergencies.
* Lead the hotel's crisis management team during critical incidents.
Guest and Employee Safety
* Monitor the hotel premises to prevent unauthorized access, theft, and other security breaches.
* Provide a visible presence in public areas to deter potential security threats and ensure a sense of safety for guests and employees.
* Assist guests and employees in distress and handle security-related incidents with professionalism and empathy.
Security Training and Awareness
* Conduct regular security training sessions for hotel staff to educate them about security protocols, emergency procedures, and best practices.
* Foster a culture of security awareness and encourage all employees to report any suspicious activities or security concerns.
Investigations and Reporting
* Conduct thorough investigations into security incidents, accidents, and policy violations, documenting findings and recommending corrective actions.
* Maintain accurate records of security-related incidents, reports, and investigations.
* Act as a key contact for emergency situations, following established protocols to ensure guest safety and well-being.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel evacuation procedures and assist in training staff on emergency protocols.
* Collaborate with other departments, such as people & culture, front office, guest services, housekeeping, and management, to ensure seamless coordination and alignment of security efforts.
* Participate in regular meetings with hotel management to provide updates on security initiatives and challenges.
* Work closely with the Hotel Management and People & Culture Leader to ensure guests and employees' safety.
* Work closely with the People & Culture Leader to monitor and keep updated all records and schedules relating to departments operating performance, quality assurance/control management and training to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per standards and can be referenced to derive historical patterns.
People & Culture
* Foster a positive and structured work environment, which encourages the successful operation of the business, calling upon the necessary processes to deal with disciplinary, grievance and workforce change situations.
* Work alongside with the People & Culture leader to investigate, document and administer corrective action immediately and effectively to reach the mutual goals of the business and the Heartist.
* Hire new Heartists in conjunction with the People & Culture Leader through INES.
* Use the interview guides provided and Talent Meter to gain further information on any potential candidate.
Heartist Engagement and Communications
* Strive to increase Heartist engagement by promoting a positive work environment where each Heartist is informed and proactive about the overall business goals. Ensure the consistent delivery of business and associate information with transparency so that each Heartist understands how they contribute to the company's success. This will include working on the Heartist Engagement Survey (EES) and People & Culture Audit. Ensure the EES Champions for the hotel/departmental action plans in order to increase Heartist engagement and improve EES scores year on year.
* Represent the organization as an exemplary ambassador the Accor All Inclusive - Heartist Service Culture.
* Labor Turnover to be closely monitored and proactive actions taken with regards to trends and suggestions to People & Culture leader as well as Hotel Manager/General Manager.
Learning & Talent Development & Performance Management
* Ensure bi-annual Talent Review process is conducted and associated documentation maintained to the required standard.
* Facilitate the performance management cycle from probation reviews, annual performance reviews, development plans as well as on the job training.
* Ensure Departments have adequate Departmental trainers, and these are well utilized.
* For all supervisory positions have a transparent development program in place in conjunction with the People & Culture leader as well as Learning & Development.
* Development of direct reports to give them ongoing feedback and development.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required
to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company's Heartist service culture to
be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
* Positive Orientation.
* Operational Decision Making.
* Self-Development & Management.
* Developing an Empowered Team.
* Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team.
Leading the Business
* Advocating Guest Passion.
* Business Planning and Analysis.
* Business Improvement and Change.
* Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
* Proven experience in security management in a hotel or hospitality setting.
* Prior experience in pre-opening.
* Strong knowledge of Egyptian security systems, emergency response procedures, and crisis management.
* Excellent communication and leadership skills.
* Ability to remain calm and make quick decisions under pressure.
* Familiarity with Egyptian laws and regulations related to hotel security.
* Certification in security management or relevant fields is a plus.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
* Native Arabic speaker and fluency in verbal and written English is essential.
This is a pre-opening role.