No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work
is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact
with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive
work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and
rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the
limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in
the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio
of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries
ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting
people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is
proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse
representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people,
markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
To act as a trusted advisor to line management on change management,
integration management, HR budget and plan, staffing, talent management
processes and execution ; to ensure a keen understanding of the business so as
to implement HR strategies and practices that support robust business growth;
reinforce a culture of performance focus, meritocracy and diversity; and
comply with Group HR policy.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* In liaison with the Head of HR, execute talent management strategy which will ensure having the right talent for the right position through internal and external selection of candidates
* Work with line managers to develop succession plans and retention strategies for key talent and positions.
* Prepares talent maps for all functions
* Track progress of HIPO/Potential employees to ensure a strong pipeline of candidates.
* Work with line managers to propose right candidate for vacancies and prepare promotions proposal
* Review and implement performance management plans to improve performance or assist with exit from the organisation.
* Ensure all jobs have updated Job Descriptions, line managers are guided in defining organizational requirements and job scopes to ensure a multi skilled team and lean organization
* Ensure all Line Managers have access to IGROW success factors, trained and effectively using with proper guidance by the HRBP.
* Liaise with the AF Talent Lead in order to attract the right talent, to lead and manage the recruitment process in line with internal audit guidelines and procedures as well as timely in order to complete the recruitment in less than 45 days.
* Propose, update and develop selection tools for different role and support/train line managers in interviewing and assessment.
* Plan a recruitment calendar for new Store Openings and implements assessments with line managers and AFG Talent Acquisition Team.
* Ensure compliance with localisation policy and targets reaching targets in UAE and KSA.
* Ensure offers are made in line with DOA and MPC budget.
*Training & Development
* Conduct training needs analysis each year to prepare the L&D proposal and calendar.
* Ensure new employees are properly inducted into the business and given support to become productive as quickly as possible with L&D Team
* Ensure training needs of key and high potential staff are identified and delivered. Ensure all key positions have identified successors.
* Track progress of HIPO employees and review their progress with line managers to go to assessment for next level
* Prepare quarterly L&D presentations for Line Managers in order to show the ROI and impact of learning calendar • L&D proposal
* L&D calendar
* Induction programme
* Quarterly review of L&D progress and potential development plans
Employee Relations (ER)
* Support line managers in creating a culture of employee engagement based upon ‘Al Futtaim Way’ values. Reinforce at all times a culture of meritocracy, performance-focus and diversity. Act as an advisor to Line Managers in order to educate them and minimise risk.
* Ensure compliance with local law and Group policy throughout the employee lifecycle.
* Communicate and implement changes to HR policies and procedures.
* Ensure that the disciplinary procedure is properly applied before any employee is exited from the business. • Employee engagement surveys
* Ensure all Line Managers are trained on SOP processes
* Adherence to HR policies and procedures and escalation to Group Legal and Head of GASD as required Business Partnering
* Act as a trusted business partner and coach to line management. Consult and support Line Managers across the business units.
* Focus on measuring the employee engagement of the business units and take actions necessary to improve it.
* Advise, coach and mentor management and HR team on people related issues.
* Act as change agent and facilitate transition.
* Monitor compliance to device and implement employee engagement action plan
* Join Trade Meetings by presenting weekly HR priorities
* Prepare and report MBR reports by Brand
* Ensure monthly recruitment and talent KPIS are reported and reviewed. (Vacant positions, internal recruitment rate, time to fill vacancy, progress of talent pipeline)
* Propose action for any issues indicates by KPI
* Ensure compliance to HR policy is maintained, to review and strengthen business internal controls and procedures, ensure compliance of DOA and provide leadership on process and governance. Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and other requirements. Safeguard that Emiratization focus is maintained, and diversification goals are reinforced and achieved.
* Educate staff about policies and procedures (e.g. via SOP trainings etc.)
* Address policy breaches immediately & decisively
* Human Resource, Psychology or Business Management Degree
* CIPD qualification desirable
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
* Five years HR Generalist Experience.
* Previous experience as a HR Business Partner.
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
Change Management, Organisational Development, Management Development,
Performance/ Compensation Management, Recruitment & Selection, Employee
Relations, Mentoring/ Coaching, Human Capital Metrics, Analytical skills,
Financial modeling skills, Good communication skills and Problem-solving
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure
a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure
you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and
take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further
boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all
assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches
between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite
compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our
Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves
available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to
review and respond to every application.