• Degree in Chemistry or preferably in Civil/Chemical/Geotechnical Engineering
or related subjects which provide a technical base for understanding testing
procedures and the results.
Skills / experience required to do the job:
* At least 7-8 years of working in a similar laboratory, including at least 3 years of supervisory experience. Should have independently tested a variety of soils, rocks, aggregates, concrete and other building materials and be familiar with the usual tests, viz.
* SOIL: Sieve analysis, Fineness Modulus, Proctor test(MDD & OMC), Liquid limit, Plastic limit, Plasticity Index, CBR, Field Density Test(Sand replacement method), Core cutting method
* SAND: Sieve analysis, Proctor test , Compaction test by sand replacement method, Clay, silt & Dust content
* AGGREGATE: Sieve analysis, Elongation index, Flakiness index, Sp. Gravity, Abrasion Value, Water absorption,
* Impact value, Crushing strength
* CONCRETE: Slump test, Concrete sampling, Compressive strength, Extracting cores from concrete Structure, Rapid chloride permeability Test, Initial surface absorption Test, Water Permeability Test, Water absorption Test
* PCC SOLID BLOCK: Density, Compressive strength, Water absorption
* CEMENT: Consistency, Setting time(Initial & Final), Compressive strength, Soundness, Fineness
Role specific competencies required:
* In-depth experience in conducting tests for a variety of soils, rocks, aggregates, concrete and related construction materials and of Industry Standards and specifications, tolerance, etc.
* Use and calibration of different equipment and tools.
* Leadership skills to Manage, Motivate and Develop Technical staff.
* Analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to find practical solutions to unusual technical requirements for testing/validation of results.
* Attention to detail to ensure correctness of reports.
* People skills to maintain relations with clients, partners and vendors, as well as internally with managers of other departments and other Laboratory Managers.
* Quality training and certification from a recognized body.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment
agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not