Akima Intra-Data (AID)* is fiercely focused on innovation and continuous
improvement. Our flexible, full-spectrum portfolio of base operations support
services enables our customers to reduce operating costs, improve productivity
and enhance the value of their existing assets. Our personnel enjoy
competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments
committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska
Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company 's profits go back to our more
than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic
Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of
life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a
Summary: Akima Intra Data LLC is looking for CSTs to provide physical
security at various international locations. CSTs provide security and
monitoring services for construction activities and around secure areas. They
inspect the material that will be installed in the area and provide secure
oversight for the workers that are working in and around the secure area.
Construction Surveillance Technicians *** must demonstrate an ability to
learn the principles of multiple construction disciplines, to include Civil,
Architectural, and Mechanical, Electrical, and Electronic Engineering. They
shall be capable of reading and analyzing designs and blueprints, and
recognizing the architect's intended use. CST's shall be capable of analyzing
designs and structural complexities, which are intended to mask an ulterior
purpose not wanted by the architect.
Responsibilities: The CSTs shall demonstrate knowledge of Technical
Surveillance Countermeasures, construction principles and devices used by
hostile and friendly intelligence services for the purpose of clandestine
surveillance. CSTs shall become thoroughly knowledgeable of Department of
State security procedures and the level of security required in various parts
of each facility under construction/renovation.
* CSTs must be able to effectively communicate in English, as well as be able to write detailed reports, analyses of problems, findings, and security situations which require staff actions.
* CSTs shall be capable of independent decision-making, possess a high degree of individual initiative, and function with minimal supervision.
* The CSTs are required to maintain detailed daily notes during their tour of duty.
* CST Notes are to be submitted to the Contractor's Team Leader who will review them for accuracy and present them to the SSM for review.
* Control access the sensitive construction site
* Screen and escort all personnel, material and tools within or entering a sensitive construction site
* Monitor, observe, and interact with the construction workers as they accomplish their various construction tasks to preclude the introduction of electronic, electrical, mechanical, or hostile surveillance monitoring devices into finished construction.
* Shall be responsible for x-raying or otherwise examining as directed by the SSM or other USG Representative, equipment, materials, furnishings, or other specific items destined for use in the Controlled Access Areas (CAA)
* Fill out incident reports for all security related incidents
* Assist with random selection of materials required for construction and installation in, or contiguous to CAAs as directed by the SSM
* Report all counterintelligence-related incidents or anomalies to the Site Security Manager
* Monitor and observe the construction workers as they accomplish their various construction tasks
* Ensure all equipment; materials and furnishings for use in specified areas are x-rayed and examined
* Assist the SSM with, "Random Selection and Random Procurement" of materials required for construction and installation in, or contiguous to, controlled areas.
* Inspect all persons, packages, bags, boxes, crates, tools, and vehicles, prior to entering the construction site.
* Produce daily logs of all related activity and events
* U.S. Citizens
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Current hold or have the ability to obtain a US Passport
* Current hold or have the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in one of the following areas:
* Construction security surveillance,
* Technical surveillance counter measures,
* Industrial or government security involving counterintelligence, or
* Construction quality assurance
* Must be capable of analyzing designs and blueprints, and of recognizing the architect's intended use
* Read, write, and speak English fluently
* Meet certain medical and physical fitness requirements and able to deploy to remote locations with all medications for up to one year
* Hold an active completion of the Diplomatic Security Training Center course for Construction Surveillance Technicians
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover
the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable
collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to
modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for
the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any
other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you
have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for
employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a
position please contact, Recruiting Services at [email protected] or
571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for
individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an
open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the
status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations,
please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying
online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance
with the online application.
Shift : Day Job
Primary Location : Egypt-Cairo
Organization : AID
Job : Construction
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External : Ongoing
Travel : No
Clearance Level : TS