Do you love academic publishing and technology? Are you independent,
fluent in Arabic and English, and resourceful? If so, the Associate Consultant
role may be a perfect fit for you. The Associate Consultant is a dynamic
position for someone who wants to learn and grow in the field of higher
Digital Commons is the leading hosted repository platform for the publication
and dissemination of scholarly work which allows faculty, researchers,
healthcare practitioners, and students to publish, manage and showcase their
work while providing detailed analytics showing the impact of their work in
the research community. For more information on Digital Commons please
Purpose of the Role:
Our Consulting Services department supports over 500 academic institutions
through the initial onboarding of Digital Commons and provide ongoing
consulting and training to help our customers maximize the use and benefits of
our products/services. For the Associate Consultant, this includes a
specialization in the setup, launch, and support of a wide range of academic
publications. Based in or near Egypt, the consultant will provide support
during local business hours in both fluent Arabic and English.
* Welcoming new clients aboard, and guide/assisting them with building Digital Commons repositories and publications to their specifications
* Collaborating with university faculty and librarians to launch new projects in their repositories, guide them in best practices in publishing, and troubleshoot unusual problems
* Forging strong professional relationships with our clients and providing timely advice on issues affecting digital libraries and academic publishing
* Training clients (usually remotely) to help them use and customize our templated systems
* Providing general assistance to the team as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, filing feature requests, product testing, HTML/CSS editing, uploading content, and providing feedback to help streamline or expand our services as our growing business requires.
Our Required Qualities and Capabilities:
* Fluent English and Arabic. Nuanced written, verbal, and aural comprehension a must.
* High attention to quality and detail
* Comfortable with creating slide decks and writing in a professional environment
* Excellent communication skills: speaks extemporaneously with confidence and precision, ready to speak to a college dean or faculty
* Experience juggling multiple projects to completion, on time and per stated protocols
* Enthusiasm and initiative to contribute beyond a narrow job description
* Ability to travel to attend conferences, deliver on-site trainings a few times per year
* Strong familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
* Basic CSS/HTML
* Ability to pick up and troubleshoot new technologies quickly and independently
* Humor and diplomacy
Preferred Qualities and Capabilities:
* Bachelor's degree or higher highly preferred
* 3+ years in a customer-facing role
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment
* Familiarity with XML and working with APIs
* Familiarity with academic publishing, library sciences, and university culture are BIG pluses
* History of working collaboratively on a team, both providing and soliciting advice and assistance
* A third language, especially French or Russian, is a plus!
In order to be considered, please apply with a resume and a cover letter
stating why you are fit for the position.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered
for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status,
protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a
reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual
should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US
you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.