Location: Cairo, Middle East and North Africa, EG
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people
in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and
with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term,
creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young
people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to
realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive
communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education
and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and
culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative
enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the
world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of
the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in
the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be
strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we
connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall,
including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Pay Band: 2/J
Contract type: 6 months renewable contract
Salary: EGP 4,600.76
Closing date and time: 24 June 2021 (23:59 GST Time)
Please note that all applications for this post should be submitted in
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural
relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and
understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by
making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with –
changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and
culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year we reached
over 80 million people directly and 791 million people overall including
online, broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity
governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
To project a professional image of British Council and provide a high quality,
welcoming and efficiently integrated enquiry service for the full range of the
British Council’s English and Exams activities, product and services through
different social media platforms and emails. To meet customer Service
Excellence standards in all contacts with customers.
Social Media Assistants spend their shifts answering customers Facebook
messages, campaigns, live chat, E-mails and other social media platforms
across a number of areas (Teaching Centre, Exams, programs, projects. etc.),
including answering enquiries, handling complaints, providing information and
troubleshooting problems and contribute to our revenue generating activities
by converting potential customers and leads to registrations.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
The job holder is the main responsible person in charge of answering all
Facebook enquiries received on BC Egypt Facebook page and Egypt’s email box.
This role will implement British Council Egypt's Social Media Strategy,
developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product
adoption. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing and Communications
teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and
cultivating a social media referral network.
Job holder will implement British Council Customers Services and Social Media
Strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and
encouraging product adoption.
Job holder will ensure all enquiries received via social media, specifically
Facebook are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner. This includes
Teaching Centre, Exams and UK education/information enquiries, programmes, as
well as corporate enquiries. All enquiries are responded to according to
Customer Service Excellence standards and meet Teaching and Examinations
Quality Standards (TQS & EQS).
To provide a professional and integrated customer services on the full range
of British Council’s activities and services and to meet Customer Service
Excellence standards in contacts with customers through Social Networking
Sites (SNS), particularly Facebook
To achieve country strategic objectives and achieve maximum impact with our
target audiences in Egypt and in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
Customer Service Delivery
* To assist with the delivery of an integrated service to corporate standards which meets the needs of internal and external customers to enable all departments to meet their agreed targets:
* Answering all types of first level Social Networking Sites (SNS) enquiries relating to British Council activities in country.
* Assisting with dealing with second level (specific) enquiries or referring them to the appropriate person within the office who can deal with them.
* Applies knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information standards and British Council Policies of Child Protection and Equal Opportunity and Diversity in all correspondence with customers
* Ensure that all customer inquiries are answered according to British Council Standards and timelines.
* Uses effective interpersonal skills to build rapport with customers and gets them more engaged with site.
* Controls the interaction with customers and effectively uses questioning skills to clarify customer needs.
* Understands and uses appropriate social media tools depending on the context.
Back Office Social Networking Sites Support
* To carry out a range of the following duties:
* Liaising with Customer Services Management and relevant stakeholders in Examinations Teaching Centre and Marketing to ensure that responses contain relevant and correct information.
* Implement British Council Egypt's social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the council's services
* Manage customer’s inquiries during social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions
* Regularly feedback insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing, Communications and Programmes teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
* To build British Council Egypt's reputation for social devotion across social media platforms.
* To create and maintain an up to date customer information database.
* To collect and analyse customer feedback, as required, including organising surveys, and collating and presenting results.
* To identify new customers behaviours and translate this into recommendations for teams working across social.
* To liaise with other British Council Egypt's teams to ensure the smooth delivery of regular and ad hoc services through social media platforms to customers.
* Provide statistical information on enquiry types and volume to Customer Services Management, to be cascaded to relevant stakeholders.
* Routing customer complaints through the appropriate process to ensure response and issue is addressed appropriately.
* Ensuring standard responses bank is continually up to date.
* Provide feedback to relevant parties about changes and updates needed on BC website and social media (Facebook) site.
We are looking for is someone with:
* Holds the right to live and work in the country
* Fluent Arabic CEFR Level C
* English C1
* University Degree
* 1 year of experience in the field of customer services
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the
role, then we would really like to hear from you. Please apply by 24 June 2021
(23:59 GST Time)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing
diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we
work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all
sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation
by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified
discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of
opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to
ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a
guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential
criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific
requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and
adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to
live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of
abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United
Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable
groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will
include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record
checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s
Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made
through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only
to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the
careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this
email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.