Abt Associates seeks a qualified Accountant for the USAID-funded Feed the
Future Egypt Rural Agribusiness Strengthening Project (ERAS) Project, based in
Egypt. The project will employ a market-driven, systems-strengthening approach
to improve the competitiveness of horticulture producers and related
downstream businesses and food processors by developing their abilities to
respond to domestic and international buyer demand. ERAS will address the
following inter-related goals: 1) Strengthen sustainable domestic and
international market linkages; 2) Improve post-harvest handling and storage;
3) Increase productivity of small farmers and food processors; and 4) Improve
nutritional status of women and children.
The project will have a headquarters office in Cairo and three regional
offices in Menia, Luxor, and Gharbia. This position will be based in Cairo,
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Finance Assistant, the Accountant will record,
maintain, and reconcile transactions and accounts. This may include, but is
not limited to the following:
* Record and maintain project transactions according to project finance policies and bookkeeping procedures.
* Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
* Ensure accuracy by reconciling entries.
* Assist with set-up of temporary and permanent headquarters and three regional offices, including procurement of equipment .
* Promote financial management standards, transparency, and accountability in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
* Other duties as required.
* Bachelorâ€™s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
* At least two yearsâ€™ work experience in a professional environment.
* Prior experience managing finance and administration of USAID-funded projects highly desirable, including familiarity with USAID Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) for financial, contractual, personnel, and programmatic activity management.
* Good computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
* Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
* Ability and track record of working as part of a busy team and working effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
* Previous field experience on USAID-funded projects in the Middle East/North Africa preferred.